Sony cancels “The Interview” movie, a success by Pyonyang’s

Sony has decided to cancel the release of the movie “The Interview”, a comedy on fictional assassination of North Korea’s leader, in what is considered by many as a victory for North Korea’s cyber-warfare capabilities.

This is a response of Sony after being attacked by the hackers last month which leaked documents and distributing unreleased films on the internet.

The movie was supposed to debut on December 25, Christmas Day in thousands of move screen in the United States. The production costs of the movie amounts to $44.

“Sony has no further release plans for the film,” a Sony spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The hacker group, which the United States announced that it comes from North Korea, broke into Sony’s computer systems and had threatened to attack on theaters that planned to show the film.

With the recent development, Korea denied it was not the author of the hacking. However, security experts in Washington said it was an open secret Pyongyang was responsible.

“The North Koreans are probably tickled pink,” said Jim Lewis, a senior fellow with the Center for Strategic and International Studies. “Nobody has ever done anything this blatant in terms of political manipulation. This is a new high.”

According to many, the move of Sony to cancel the movie was a total defeat of America in its cyber war.

“With the Sony collapse, America has lost its first cyber war. This is a very, very dangerous precedent,” said former Republican House of Representatives speaker Newt Gingrich in a Twitter post.

According to Mcquarie analyst Damian Thong, an estimated $84.41 million loss from Sony, this includes the leaks of “Fury” and “Annie”.

Doreelyn is a graduate of Banking and Finance at the St Louis University, one of the top 10 universities in the country. Without Doreelyn, Pabaon News will not be complete.Her knowledge of business catapults Pabaon News into another level. Her passion for writing continues to push her to the limit